Monday, May 09, 2005

Novus Ordo Rednecks -- The post-funeral activity (part 3)

At the end of Saturday's funeral, my fiancee and I were standing outside the church, next to the hearse. I spotted my cousin, who told us, "We'll see you guys at the house."

Hrmm. Ok. Guess the burial is going to be immediate family only.

"Hey, Joe..." (Joe is a friend of the family) "...where's the burial?"
Joe: (ahem) "Umm. Ain't no burial. They're gonna cremate him."

Ok, so I know it's allowed in the post-conciliar world. I let it slide. Back "at the house", I spotted J.'s stepdaughter.

"So do I understand they're going to bury the ashes at the home in Mississippi?"
Cousin: "Well, that's just what they (J.'s family) told Father Jim."
"So what's the real plan?"
"Well, part of his ashes are to be buried in Mississippi. Part of them are to be scattered from the back of a Harley Davidson. Part of them are to be scattered into Lake (I forget the name). The rest are to be used as fertilizer for any trees they plant in his honor."

Interestingly enough, I suddenly don't recall anything else that happened "back at the house" after I heard that statement.

2 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger BekahS. said...

People just haven't got a clue. Gonna be awfully surprised when eternity smacks them in the face...even priests apparently.

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger st_ignatius110 said...

Oh my Lord...

And they lied to the priest? That was the topping on the cake.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home