Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Problems at Work Part 2

Well, you all remember the argument I got into early last week. Well, I guess the two girls who are now mad at me ...even after my apology for getting upset...have been talking crap about me to my boss...because since last week he won't speak to me...he ignores me...and then we had a meeting on Friday. He always announces the sales that we have each month. We sold right at 600,000 dollars worth this month...and my sales were a little over half of that. He mentiones the two girls who are mad at me...and passes right over me. He also always hangs up our sales in our cubicles...and mine have been sitting on my desk since last Thursday. He hung up their's...but not mine. I mean, no big deal, I'm bigger then that....but I dont know if I should go and ask him what the problem is...or just ignore him like he is doing me....to be honest...I don't care what people think about me...but I truly hate having this type of pressure at work. Anyway, I don't mean to complain...I just feel a little frustrated...and kind of sad because I try to get along with everyone.

4 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger BekahS. said...

Does he know about your interview? Is it possible he is ignoring you because he thinks you aren't going to be around much longer anyway?

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger st_ignatius110 said...

Nope...I mean..he knows I had a lunch meeting. He asked me a couple of months ago to let him know if I ever looked for another job...that way he could plan for me leaving. He even told me if I need a referral let him know...and if he would even reccommend me to a couple of places...he was talking about how I would not make much more here that I do now. I thought it was a little strange..but I told him yes I would tell him. So, told him I was not job searching but did have a lunch meeting with this lady. Here is the problem...he had started acting like this a couple of days before I told him this. As a matter of fact, the day after I had the problem with this girl. I thought he was just having problems at home but now I don't know. The other girl...who was not involved to begin with...is the admin assistant...and she was trying to tell me something about this argument...I told her very nicely that if she had a problem she could go talk to my boss. She says," Oh beleive me...I already have." And this was not even an hour after the argument...and my boss was not here so she had to call him and tell him about it...since then...no response from him. And we have always talked.
Dh says I got to personal at this job...he says not to let anyone bother me. He says, " Just do your job and when you get more leads and sales then everyone and your boss has to give you a big ol check...it'll be like hot coals on their heads." I know he is right...maybe I am to personal and friendly...but that's me. And I know I am letting this get to me..but I truly hate it when people dont like me..lol..how lame does that sound.

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger BekahS. said...

No, it's not lame at all. It's perfectly natural to try to be friendly with people you spend a majority of your day with. At least, I think so. At this point, I'd probably do like you husband says, though and just do the best job I could and ignore them. I don't know if that's necessarily the BEST option, but it's what I would do.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger st_ignatius110 said...

Ok, well...I am not going to complain anymore. I am sorry to whine about dumb stuff like this...when there is so much suffering going on in the world.
If Chris and his wife can have such joy even in the midst of suffering...then I realize things I go through..esepcially at work..are NOTHING. So, I'm sorry for being a whiner. ( I would like to promise it will never happen again but I can't)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home